I have to be honest, Kendra was my least favorite of The Girls Next Door. By a lot. So when I saw her line of toys for Evolved I was already biased against them. 

Sorry.

 Early on in my job, a sale rep from Evolved came to the shop to show us their products and tell us about recent developments. It was a great day, she was a treat, but I was seriously disappointed with how little omph Evolved vibes seemed to have. I like my vibes to pack what I refer to customers as "industrial strength" vibrations. Now I know that every toy is not the Magic Wand and nor should they be, but a decent toy should have a  range between electric toothbrush and a power sander. It's important to note that I largely lean toward the power sander end of the spectrum. 

 I knew many of them just wouldn't cut it.


The marketing of the Love Candy line differs from the usual Evolved packaging which features each toy in a tin . Each of the Love candies comes in a faux leather-esque casing (which looks like a travel tooth brush holder) and makes for pretty great storage. 

However, opening the packaging is like opening a set of Russian dolls. First is the cardboard box, which opens into the black leatherish hard casing, and then comes a tightly drawn pouch which you then must wrangle the toy from. The amount of packaging gives the illusion that the toy is much larger than it actually is. The Splendor is actually quite small compared to what the outer packaging suggests. 

The actual size of the toy did, however, ease other worries I had about its shape, mainly the toy's abrupt point. I put off using it for quite awhile because of its severe looking tip but when I actually handled it I realized that even though it looked "sharp" it wasn't as narrow at the top than I thought. I also liked the way it felt. It was a  hard plastic with a (very thin) silicone (maybe?) overlay, which gives it a smooth but firm feel.  


The Splendor is 5 function and is controlled by one button. This button lights up  blue in the shape of a half moon (or potato? who knows) when the toy is on, which kind of makes it look like it could be made by Fisher Price. I say this but as soon as I turned it on, I couldn't stop an audible "ooooh" from escaping my lips when it happened. 


Part of the problem with single button toys is that it's easy to accidentally switch settings...usually at the worst possible moment, which can easily send me into a blind rage. On the Splendor, the button isn't super sensitive which keeps these moments to a minimum. 

The first three settings are solid vibration speeds followed by two functions---a crescendo and a pulse. I've never been a fan of functions, and always prefer steady speeds, so I don't have much to comment about on the functions.  When it comes to the speeds, the distance between low and medium is a nice interval, but I barely notice a difference between the medium and high function, which comes up just a wee too short. 



I found a couple of things that worked for me with this toy. Using the Splendor on my clit as an extension of my index finger---combining the motions of what I would do with my hand---made for great session, despite its mild vibe power. I've tried to do this with other toys but it generally overstimulates me. It's skinniness makes it easy to pinpoint spots, where fatter toys, or wands, generally sort of just smush everything all together.

 
The added firmness and smoothness heightened my normal hand routine, the hardness of the toy allowed for extra pressure and the point increased my precision. The handle, which is a little oddly shaped worked well for this technique. Placing the handle between my middle finger and ring finger (kind of like holding a chopstick) kept it super stable.  I took a liking to the toy using it Splendor this way. It's the kind of toy that makes a pleasant addition to a mid-afternoon nap. 


I'm not a big fan of internal vibrations, but not against them entirely. The Splendor is super slender which makes it easy to insert without dragging and/or pinching, but, at the same time, its super thin and can't  curb a craving for that fullness I generally want from a vaginal toy. 

Using the Splendor internally in combination with another vibe on my clitoris worked well. In short, it makes an ok back-up singer to a more powerful clit toy. 


All in all, my time with the Splendor was pleasant and pleasurable. Though its by no means life-altering or a must have, overall the Splendor made a positive impression on me. 


You can find it on Amazon









Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.